When will Cineworld reopen?
Our cinemas in England, Wales and Scotland are now back open, and Dublin will re-open on June 18. At Cineworld our main priority remains the safety of our customers and employees. We of course follow all instructions and regulations of the local authorities and current government guidelines and regulations.
What safety measures have been put into place?
In light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have put a number of safety measures in place to provide a safe environment for our employees and guests. These include social distancing, staggered film start and end times, hand sanitising stations and more. Click here to find out more.
What safety measures are likely to be in place when you re-open?
In light of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and UK government advice, Cineworld have put a number of safety measures in place in order to provide a safe environment for all of their customers and staff. This includes, but is not limited to the following safety measures:
- Social distancing measures have been implemented across all areas within the cinema in line with local government guidelines as required.
- Distanced allocated seating has been adopted in screens to ensure social distancing is maintained between customers from different households.
- Film start and end times are staggered to allow customers to exit without crossing paths with customers going in or out of other screens. Additional cleaning time has also been added between films.
- Our already high cleaning standards have been enhanced by a cleaning programme designed to clean and sanitise the high touch points within the cinema.
- Perspex screens have been added to concessions areas to ensure that both staff and customers are protected where safe distancing cannot be maintained.
- Our tills accept contactless card payments up to a value of £45/€50 and Apple Pay/Google Pay mobile payments with no limit in our cinemas.
- All employees have received specific COVID-19 training and PPE including masks, which have been provided as part of their uniform.
- All customers are required to wear a face covering in the cinema, which can only be removed while consuming food and drink.
- Hand sanitisers have been provided in the foyer areas of each venue.
- Stringent handwashing guidelines have been put in place for all employees to supplement our current personal hygiene policy.
Will you be taking part in Contact Tracing at Cineworld?
Are face coverings mandatory for customers and your employees?
In line with government guidelines, face coverings must be worn in the cinema but can be removed when eating and drinking. You can purchase face masks at the retail counter if needed. Our employees will be provided with masks and/or visors as part of their uniform and in addition, all employees will receive specific COVID-19 training.
Is anyone exempt from wearing a face covering?
You should follow the government guidelines on face coverings and exemptions. You can find details by clicking here.
Can I come to Cineworld with friends or family who don’t live in my household?
Yes, but please adhere to government guidelines on party size/household mixing and maintain social distance from other groups whilst in the cinema.
How is social distancing enforced?
All employee and customer areas are arranged and managed so as to promote and maintain social distancing within our cinemas. Additionally, we have updated our seating maps to ensure social distancing is maintained while still allowing families and friends to sit together. This varies based on local government guidelines, capacity, and the size and layout of the auditorium.
Is Cineworld supporting Coronavirus (COVID-19) Contact Tracing schemes?
Yes, we are taking part in public health authorities’ Coronavirus (COVID-19) Contact Tracing schemes in England and Scotland. To find out more, please see 15. Coronavirus (COVID-19) Contact Tracing (Section 4.11) of our privacy notice.
I have a physical or learning disability, will COVID-19 affect my visit to the cinema?
- Audio Described and Subtitled performances are going ahead as usual and Autism Friendly Screenings have also resumed
- Accessible toilet facilities at all of our cinemas are open for customer use
- Our staff are aware that some disabilities will exempt customers from wearing a face covering. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, please let a member of our team know when you arrive at the cinema
- If you have a physical disability, it is important to be aware that the type of physical assistance our staff normally provide such as; a guiding elbow or an arm, is not allowed under the current COVID-19 guidelines. Customers who require this support should visit with a member of their household/bubble who are able to provide this kind of assistance. Refer to the UKCA for further information*.
- The restrictions on physical contact do not apply in an emergency and will not for example affect our ability to evacuate customers from our cinemas safely in the event of an emergency evacuation.
*The CEA Card is a national card scheme developed for UK cinemas by the UK Cinema Association (UKCA). The Card enables a disabled cinema guest to receive a complimentary ticket for someone to go with them when they visit a participating cinema. If you do not have a CEA card you can apply online at https://www.ceacard.co.uk/apply. Admin costs apply.
Is food available at the cinema?
You will be able to purchase a selection of cinema snacks, however in some areas, we will temporarily have a limited menu whilst we get back up to speed. As usual, customers are also welcome to bring their own cold food and non-alcoholic drinks with them.
Can I access My Cineworld account now you are reopening?
Yes, you can! My Cineworld accounts have been enabled again – click here to login. As usual, this will allow you to book tickets online and manage your Unlimited subscription.
I have a My Cineworld Plus account. What is happening with my membership?
We will be extending the membership of all My Cineworld Plus accounts for the total duration that we were closed. The same will happen for any food vouchers you were unable to redeem while we were closed.
My Cineworld gift card has expired, or will expire soon. What do I need to do?
We are going to automatically extend the validity of all Gift Box or E-Gift vouchers until 31 December 2021. If you have a gift card that expired during our closure, please contact our customer service team for a replacement gift card.
My Cineworld gift box has expired, or will expire soon. What do I need to do?
Once we reopen, we will automatically extend the validity of all Gift Box or E-Gift vouchers by the total period of time that our cinemas were closed. This means all Christmas gift boxes or Christmas e-gifts purchased in 2019 will no longer expire in December 2020. Likewise, any standard gift boxes or e-gifts purchased during the year will not expire during our closure period and will be automatically extended to cover any closure periods.
I received complimentary ticket codes or retail voucher codes from your customer service department that have expired/are due to expire. Will I get new ones?
Now that we are reopening, we will be automatically extending all vouchers until 31 December 2021. If you have any issues when trying to use them, get in touch with our customer services team via email on customer.servi[email protected] or on Twitter and Facebook and we will be able to look into this for you.
I have an admission or retail voucher/code from a third party that expired during the closure, or now only has limited validity. What should I do?
If you have purchased a voucher/code through your employee benefit portal after the 1st March 2020 and your voucher has an expiry date of between the 2nd March 2020 and the 31st August 2021 and have yet to use it we have extended this until 31st December 2021. Should you have any problems please contact your employee benefit customer support.
I have an Admissions Voucher through Club Lloyds Lifestyle Benefits. Will I still be able to use it?
All unredeemed Club Lloyds admission vouchers have been extended until 31 May 2021 and you can use them by this date. Unfortunately, our partnership with Lloyds has now ended so all vouchers will expire on this date. Please contact Club Lloyds Customer service with any issues.
How do I get in contact with you?
You contact us via email on [email protected]. Please note, it may take us several days to get back to you but we will respond as quick as we can.
I am an Unlimited member. What is happening to my membership?
We will be in contact with all Unlimited members to provide details on their individual circumstances. Where your local Cineworld remains closed, Unlimited memberships will continue to be frozen and we will be in touch with you once we are ready to re-open your local cinema.
Where cinemas are re-opening, we will be in touch soon with an update about your membership, including giving you a chance to confirm your details to ensure you are in the correct Unlimited Membership Group, which we have introduced to make Unlimited more affordable. To find out more about the Groups and changes to memberships, click here.
If you are a monthly member and you have cancelled your direct debit, you will be able to reinstate this on the link we will be sending you in regards to the Unlimited Membership Groups. If your bank details have changed, please get in touch with our Unlimited team.
Payments for monthly members will resume where your local Cineworld is open, and we will credit you for any prepaid time and reduce your first monthly fee accordingly. Where your local Cineworld remains closed, Unlimited memberships will stay frozen and no payments will be taken.
Alternatively, if you have paid for your membership annually up front, your membership will be extended by the period of closure (with no further charge) and you will be able to continue enjoying your membership for that extended period when your local Cineworld re-opens.
How do I contact you to discuss my Unlimited membership?
If you would like to discuss your Unlimited membership, you can get in contact with the Unlimited team via email on [email protected]