Cineworld Unlimited members set themselves the challenge to make full use of their Unlimited cards by seeing 100 movies in 2019.
We're three-quarters of the way through our #100FilmsIn2019 challenge, and we're asking: how many will YOU be able to tick off by the time the year is over?
October 2019 movies
- 81. Judy (on release now) Renee Zellweger may be in line for her first-ever Best Actress Oscar for this moving biopic. She performs and sings as Wizard of Oz icon Judy Garland in this study of the troubled Hollywood legend's twilight years, delivering, critics say, a superbly empathetic and powerful turn.
- 82. Joker (on release now) – The Clown Prince of Crime gets a fresh twist in this gritty origin story from The Hangover director Todd Phillips. Star Joaquin Phoenix is poised to tap into his signature intensity as Arthur, a failed comedian who is on course to transform into Batman's most feared nemesis. Will Phoenix's portrayal live up to the likes of Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson.
- 83. Gemini Man (released 10th October) – Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
andBrokeback Mountain director Ang Lee returns with his first venture into science-fiction territory. An all-star cast headed by Will Smith, Clive Owen andMary Elizabeth Winstead leads this thought-provoking story of an ageingassassin who must confront a younger version of himself.
- 84. The Day Shall Come (released 11th October) – It's been the best part of a decade since controversial British satirist Chris Morris delivered his terrific feature debut Four Lions. Now the visionary behind The Day Today and Brass Eye returns with a typically provocative new movie, about an innocent Miami preacher who is sculpted into a terrorist for the purposes of an American homeland security operation.
- 85. A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmaggedon (released 13th October) – Looking for something family-friendly for the October half term? You can't go wrong with the genius animators at Aardman, who return with one of their most enduringly popular characters. Shaun's latest stop-motion adventure sees him team up with a visitor from outer-space, and promises all manner of sly humour and scrumptious visuals.
- 86. Zombieland: Double Tap (released 18th October) – The hit 2009 comedy Zombieland made us rethink everything we thought we knew about zombies, establishing a host of irreverent rules to help dispatch the undead horde. Director Ruben Fleischer returns for the sequel, as does the original cast comprising Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone
- 87. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (released 18th October) – Angelina Jolie is back to don the horns as the feared Disney villain in this fantasy sequel. Joined once again by Elle Fanning as Princess Aurora, Jolie this time leads a cast including Michelle Pfeiffer and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
- 88. Terminator: Dark Fate (released 23rd October) – The Terminator franchise isn't done yet. Franchise godfather James Cameron is promising a return to the roots of his first two sci-fi masterpieces as franchise icon Linda Hamilton returns for the first time since T2 as Sarah Connor, alongside Arnie as the iconic cyborg.
- 89. The Addams Family (released 25th October) – The creepy, spooky and altogether ooky family of oddball miscreants gets a CGI makeover. The all-star voice cast includes Oscar Isaac as patriarch Gomez and Charlize Theron as Morticia.
Not yet part of the Unlimited club? For a set monthly price, you can enjoy advance screenings, money off your favourite restaurants and lots more. Click here to join Cineworld Unlimited.