Halloween Ends is set to conclude the memorably frightening Halloween saga in style.
Jamie Lee Curtis' Laurie Strode must confront her nemesis, the psychotic, masked Michael Myers, for the last time in a sure-to-be-epic battle to the death.
How, indeed, will Halloween end? We'll find out this October. And if you're having trouble following the timeline of the rebooted Halloween trilogy (remember, it disregards all of the sequels between 1978 and 2018), then you've come to the right place.
Scroll down for your essential Halloween timeline, which will fill in the important gaps as we build towards the latest instalment.
- Young Michael Myers murders his older sister in cold blood on Halloween night in the small town of Haddonfield, Illinois
- He is incarcerated at Smith's Grove Psychiatric Hospital under the care of Dr. Sam Loomis
- Dr Loomis has failed to elicit any kind of response from Michael Myers in 15 years
- Loomis escorts Michael to a hearing (which Loomis hopes will get him incarcerated for life), along with his colleague Marion Chambers, but Myers escapes custody
- Stealing a car, Myers returns to Haddonfield on the eve of Halloween night
- As night draws in, Michael begins a killing spree, executing several friends of teenage babysitter Laurie Strode
- Michael executes Laurie's best friend Annie who is babysitting young girl Lindsey Wallace
- Loomis arrives in town and convinces Sheriff Brackett that Myers is evil
- Laurie barely manages to escape the massacre with her life, and she's also able to save the life of young Tommy Doyle
- In the final confrontation, Loomis shoots Michael and he falls from the balcony
- Confirming Laurie's suspicion that Michael is "the boogeyman", Loomis discovers that Michael has vanished without a trace
- Michael Myers has been returned to the Smith's Grove Psychiatric Facility where he's remained for the last 40 years under the tutelage of Dr. Ranbir Sartain (Dr. Loomis' protege)
- Two British podcasters visit Michael and attempt to elicit a reaction from him, to no avail
- In nearby Haddonfield, the haunted Laurie Strode has turned her home into a fortress in the advent of Michael returning
- She now has a daughter, Karen, and a granddaughter, Allyson, and the former regards Laurie's fear as little more than paranoia
- Michael escapes his transport, steals a car and kills the two podcasters, retrieving his mask in the process
- Deputy Frank Hawkins, who arrested Michael back in 1978, alerts Sheriff Barker to the danger but is ignored; Hawkins is later injured by Myers
- Michael returns to Haddonfield and resumes his killing spree, including Dr. Sartrain who, it's revealed, set Michael free to experience him "in the wild"
- Laurie, Karen and Allyson eventually lure Michael to Laurie's house where they trap him in the basement
- Laurie sets fire to the property and leaves Michael to burn to death
- Firefighters arrive at Laurie's burning house where they are systematically eliminated by the surviving Michael
- The unsuspecting Laurie is hospitalised and believes the nightmare to be over, all the while as Michael returns to Haddonfield, more bloodthirsty than ever
- Deputy Frank Hawkins is haunted by the memory of Halloween night in 1978 when he shot his partner dead and prevented the late Dr. Loomis from executing Michael Myers; while recuperating in the hospital, he reconnects with Laurie
- The elder Tommy Doyle is also tormented by his memories of Michael and exploits his history by regaling punters at a local Haddonfield bar
- Tommy commemorates the 40th anniversary of Michael's massacre with fellow survivors Lindsey Wallace and Marion Chambers
- Upon hearing of Michael's return, Tommy organises a mob to stop Michael in his tracks
- Marion is killed by Michael but Lindsey escapes; it's surmised that Michael's slaughter is somehow spiritually leading him back to his old family home, now considered haunted by the townsfolk
- Upon taking Lindsey to the hospital, Tommy reconnects with Leigh Brackett, the former Haddonfield Sheriff whose daughter Annie was killed by Michael back in 1978
- The mob mistakes an ex-convict for Michael, causing him to leap to his death from a hospital window
- Karen steals Michael's mask and uses it to lure him into the midst of the mob, where they proceed to beat, stab and shoot him
- However, Michael rises and slaughters all of his assailants, including Brackett
- Myers leaves Tommy until last, bludgeoning him to death with a baseball bat
- Not realising that Michael is still alive, Laurie and Karen reconcile while Allyson is sent to the hospital for trauma
- Karen returns to Myers' old house where she is brutally murdered by Michael in his sister's old bedroom
- Four years after the events of Halloween Kills, Michael has seemingly disappeared without a trace
- However, he soon resurfaces in Haddonfield again, prompting the vengeful Laurie to enter the deadliest of end games
How will Laurie's terrifying story conclude? We'll find out when Halloween Ends arrives at Cineworld on October 14. Check out the final trailer below.